Thursday, July 19, 2012

Style Icon: Blair Waldorf



Currently, well I shouldn't say currently because my obsession has lasted ever since I read the first Gossip Girl book, I am dying for Blair Waldorf's style. I truly believe that once I began watching the hit CW show my style truly morphed to imitate that of the Queen B. Now looking back at the clothing I have created, the pencil skirt line I am soon to launch and my bin full of headbands adorned with crystal and silk bows, Blair's affect on myself is plainly obvious. The best thing about Blair Waldorf's style - besides the fact that almost every garment she wears comes straight from a Dior or Oscar de la Renta runway - is how fearless it is. Blair truly embraces every aspect of fashion from the shoes to the accessories to the actual clothing ...  and of course to the headbands. However, how could she not look fabulous with a guy like Eric Damon, the author of the incredible fashion self-help book "You know you want it", hand-selecting almost every piece she wears. So lets take a look back at my favorite Blair Waldorf moments and show how she not only dominates in style over the Upper East Side but the entire world.
 
I love how Blair is able to make this gorgeous beaded and feather Elie Saab dress her own with her addition of a beaded clutch and statement necklace. Somehow Blair is always able to pile on the bling but never look like she overdosed.
 
I am loving Blair in the understated 50's Elie Saab bathing suit. Not only does it match her refined and elegant style but it also proves that skin-baring bikinis are not always the sexiest option.

The most iconic aspect of Blair Waldorf is her ability to transform the 'school girl' image from one of slutiness to a constant state of chic glamour. From the two beaded stripes of argyle, she appears to be dripping in luxury. 

hello-kitten:

Blair Waldorf and Nate Archibald in S01E01 “Pilot”
I really miss this couple on Gossip Girl. :|

You and me both ;[
The first time we met Blair Waldorf, she was wearing this incredible Anna Sui black lace dress topped off with the best accessory a girl could have - and no I am not talking about Chace Crawford - a multi-layered black silk headband. This fabulous outfit set the stage for the rest of Blair's selections. 

I think everyone teared up a little when they saw Blair in this gorgeous wedding gown by Vera Wang, and not because we felt like proud parents after watching our child grow up from the past five seasons from an alpha bitch to a married bitch, but because we all envied the couture that formed a cloud around her body. 

I think I have done enough explaining as these last few dresses speak for themselves, enjoy!
The simplicity of this structured Victoria Beckham dresses slices my heart.
Blair in Christian Dior
Blair in Alberta Ferretti
Blair in Alexis Mabille 

Blair in Marc by Marc Jacobs

Blair in Milly and Bensoni 
Iconic Blair in Maxime Simoens
Blair in Abagail Lorick
Blair in Marc by Marc Jacobs
Blair in Marchesa
Blair in Red Valentino
Blair in Philosophy 
Blair in Versus
Blair in Herve Leger
Blair in Marc by Marc Jacobs

You know you love me 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment