Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shoegasm

I have chosen to embark on a weekly SHOEgasm blog entry that gives a round up on all of the shoes I am currently coveting and desperately wishing I could buy. This week I have chosen one pair of heels, that is incredibly unique yet has lost popularity due to the waves of shoes emerging from the fall/winter 2012 season.

The first shoe is this incredible pair of clear Chloes (I know that Chloe is meant to have an accent mark, but I have no clue how to do it!). I DIE for clear shoes -currently my own collection consists of clear lace rain boots and mesh oxfords - because they are so unique and unexpected as most people buy shoes to cover their feet while this type of shoe exposes them. The beauty of this shoe is its utter lack of function and instead its pure whimsical and glamorous nature. Like Christian Louboutin says in Marie Claire's "New Spring Fashion" Issue: "they're far from natural, but it's the impracticality that I adore. I prefer the useless to the useful, the sophisticated to the natural." Yet the trick to a clear shoe is bringing something extraordinary and unexpected, otherwise you might as well go barefoot.  For Chloe, its the luxurious suede cap-toe that completes the look, along with the delicately placed ankle strap and unexpected clear heel. But what truly makes these shoes magnificent is that they aren't trying to be anything they are not; their lack of unnecessary accessories and embellishments work to make the shoe and simplistic and sleek as can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment