Sunday, July 1, 2012


Lace is all the rage this year as it stood out as one of the major trends on the spring and fall 2011 runways. I love lace because its super feminine and refreshing, and honestly, with the temperatures rising who wouldn’t love this sexy trend? Lace is one of those patterns that works for every body type and every occasion. For this reason, I truly believe that every girl needs a garment in this staple fabric hanging in her closet.
 

Being an aspiring fashion designer myself, taking on the challenge of creating a piece made out of this lovely fabric seemed like the perfect task. When creating my top, I fell in love with the versatility of the fabric. Lace is very unique in the sense that it can be flowing and whimsical as we see it in Alberta Ferretti’s Spring 2011 RTW line or very structured and streamlined as shown in Ellie Tahari’s Fall 2011 RTW collection.

And luckily, due to its mass popularity, lace is EVERYWHERE. If you are a do-it-yourself girly like me, stores such as Mood and JoAnne fabrics provide a wide array of selections. And if you love to shop, well lace is basically in every store and every style. Here are my personal favorites of the moment:


Embrace lace girls!
Mwahh!
Noa

No comments:

Post a Comment