Thursday, July 5, 2012

So yesterday was the fourth of July, a very festive day, and as the conservatives at the country club say in disdain: "the only day it is acceptable to be tacky". Of course, the crew around myself was nothing short of elegant, as my friend wore a tie dyed blue Isabel Marant dress and those around us were dressed in silk shirts and towering espadrilles. However, between the oyster appetizer (gross!) and swordfish and scallop entree, I did pick up on a men's trend (rare!). Somehow over the course of the three hours I was at the country club, I was able to detect at least three different men wearing the same exact pair of navy blue flag monogrammed shorts, and if these men somehow ended up on fashion police in the "Bitch stole my look" section, I don't know who would win but I do know that the man in the oversized seersucker blazer - that almost reached the hem of his shorts I might add - would definitely come out of this battle as the loser. Comment what you think about this unlikely trend, and if you think it is practical or a one-day-only type of garment.
xoxoxo
Happy fourth

No comments:

Post a Comment